D.E.A.R Day in 2V

Today was Drop Everything And Read Day. We all got into the spirit of the day and came dressed up to celebrate Book Week and the National Year of Reading, wearing pyjamas or champion outfits. The theme for this year was Champions Read.

We began the day off with Miss Yeomans, who read to us the shortlisted picture book No Bears. We all really enjoyed the story, but think that bears should be included in fairy tales.

When we arrived back into the classroom, Miss Valvo had set up some fun rotational activities for us to take part in. We made Monster Bookmarks, decorated our own bear, had fun completed a wordfind and relaxed on the cushions reading our favourite books.

We ended the day by sharing to the class our favourite book and why. Miss Valvo shared her favourite book to us. It was called the Bugalug Bum Thief by Tim Winton. She said it was her favourite book when she was a little girl because she thought it was cheeky that they used the word ‘bum’ in a story. We all had a good laugh when she read the opening sentence to us ” Skeeta Anderson woke up one morning to find that his bum was gone.”

We had such a fun day and cosy day being in our pyjamas. We are all really looking forward to Book Week next year.

Thanks Miss Yeomans for organising the day for us! 🙂

My Movie from neesha valvo on Vimeo.

13 thoughts on “D.E.A.R Day in 2V

1. Hi Miss Valvo and 2V,

Great to see you had such a fabulous Drop Everything and Read day and so many of you dressed up! (Loved your curlers Miss Valvo!)

I agree with you 2v, I think bears should be included in stories!

I love the way you unleashed your creativity making your bears and book monster bookmarks (I hope you have your name on the back of your book monsters!)

Miss Valvo, I have me own copy of “The Bugalugs Bum Thief” too. It is my favourite book by Tim Winton. I’m sure 2V loved you reading it to them and had lots of laughs along the way.

Happy reading 2V…

Miss Y 🙂

PS. Do you think we should ask Mrs Stewart if we can have PJ Day once a term?

2. Pingback: Drop Everything and Read…

3. Dear Miss Valvo and 2V
    I had a great time on Friday.
    I really enjoyed making the monster bookmarks and decorating the bears.
    I loved reading my book because it’s one of my favorites.
    Miss Valvo looked pretty funny in what she was wearing. And I liked her book because it was funny also.
    Lots of love Indi

• I’m glad you enjoyed DEAR Day Indiana. I enjoyed making the monster bookmarks also.
      It was very silly hair once I took the rollers out!

Miss V 🙂

4. Hey, Its Sara here from Henderson North School, That is very cool what you guys were doing! We haven’t weared PJ’s to school, We wish we can wear them, but we are to old to do that. I love thoses monsters at the end, they were so cool.
    Did you guys have a great time doing that?

Come visit our blog at “Room1 Henderson North School” It will be great for you to comment!
    Oh and I love your teachers hair as well, it is cool!
    From Sara

• Thank you Grace!

This was a very special day we celebrated last year at St Martins. We wonder if you have any special days that you celebrate at your school?

From 4V

5. I like the story of the No Bears it was really cool a story come to room1hnsblog.
    How do you do creatives things on your work. From Angelina

6. You look like your book week was great, wearing pyjamas, and making monster book marks and reading funny storie. we have book day and it is great . On our book day we have to come dressed as out favoutite character in a book. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

7. That sounds so fun. Your school is very creative. I bet Miss Yeomans did more work in school in that day 🙂 you are so kind to put most of her credit in that day 🙂